Acne is an embarrassing part of life. For some of our patients the fight against acne is a constant battle, and the emotional and physical scars left behind can be debilitating. Today’s medical advances allow dermatologists to successfully treat acne as well as the scars left behind.*
What are acne scars?
Acne scars vary from person to person and can be classified in the following:
- Rolling scars appear like hills and valleys, without sharp borders.
- Ice-pick scars, also known as pitted scars, appear as small, round, deep depressions which end in a pinpoint base.
- Box-car scars have a flat, “u-shaped” base, are broader than ice-pick scars, and are round, multi-shaped, or linear at the skin surface.
- Hypertrophic and nodular scars are often found as a result of chest or back acne.
What are the treatment options?
Soderstrom Skin Institute will work with each patient to choose an individualized and effective method for treating their acne scars. Treatments include, but are not limited to:
- Retin-A , glycolic acid (aka alpha hydroxyl acid) or beta hydroxyl acid peels and combination peels
- Surgical removal of pits and scars
- JUVÉDERM™ Injectable Gel
- Restylane® and other fillers
- Laser surgery using the Ultrapulse co2 Laser and the fractionated CO2 Laser
During a consultation appointment
, one of our physician’s assistants will help answer all your questions and help you decide which treatment options are right for your type of acne scarring.
*results may vary